“Some say he did the impossible!”
The Jere Beasley Report, August 2005
Receiving Stolen Property Attorney -
RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY ATTORNEYS IN BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
What do the police do when they catch you in possession of stolen property, but they cannot prove you actually stole it? They often charge you with receiving stolen property. It is a crime to knowingly possess stolen property. The issue is, how can the prosecutors prove that you KNEW the property was stolen. They usually rely on the circumstances around your possession of the property. That is why it is important to immediately contact an Alabama criminal attorney experienced in receiving stolen property cases to know how to deal with law enforcement.
There are three different receiving stolen property charges which closely resemble the Alabama theft statutes:
- Receiving stolen property in the first degree involves possession of stolen property worth in excess of $2500 and is a Class B felony,
- Receiving stolen property in the second degree involves possession of stolen property worth in excess of $500 and is a Class C felony, and
- Receiving stolen property in the third degree involves possession of stolen property worth less than $500 and is a Class A misdemeanor.
Receiving stolen property is often abbreviated on your court paperwork as RSP. An experienced criminal attorney in Alabama will review your case and determine if there is a legal, reasonable explanation why your are in possession of the stolen goods.
If you are telling yourself:
- How was I supposed to know it was stolen?
- Why should I be charged with RSP, I paid money for the merchandise?
- I thought it was a gift, I didn’t know they were stolen!
Then call our RSP criminal attorneys in Birmingham to defend you against the receiving charges today. Call 205-502-2000.