“Some say he did the impossible!”
The Jere Beasley Report, August 2005
Drug Possession Attorney -
Birmingham Drug Possession Attorneys for Alabama Drug Crimes
Criminal Defense Lawyer; Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin, Prescription Drug Charges
Depending on the amount and type of drug you are arrested with in Alabama, you may be facing federal drug crimes or very serious state criminal penalties. Though the specifics of your case will greatly impact the way your criminal attorney wages your defense, you should be aware that if you are convicted of drug possession in Alabama or in a federal court, you may face
- Months or years in county jail or Alabama State Prison
- Fines totaling in the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars
- Restrictions on your ability to possess a firearm
- The loss of certain types of financial aid for your education
- Harsh mandatory minimums for a drug related federal crime
When you call (205) 502-2000 to discuss your case with an Birmingham drug possession attorney we will inform you of all the legal details that may influence your case. We know every facet of Alabama drug law and have been defending clients against drug charges for decades. Your rights will be protected—aggressively—when you contact Parkman White, LLP.
Call a Skilled Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyer if Arrested for Drug Possession
Contact the criminal defense lawyers at Parkman White, LLP. We will defend your rights if you face marijuana chargesbecause you may face serious penalties especially if you are suspected of drug trafficking. However, our drug defense lawyers are also extremely skilled in defending clients accused of
- Prescription drug crimes: without a valid prescription, you can be charged with drug possession.
- Heroin: in Alabama, having any amount of this drug can lead to a year in federal prison
- Cocaine: the federal government has harsh mandatory minimums related to coke. Possession may lead to a decade in prison.
- Conspiracy to commit a drug crime related to possession: sales, importation, or manufacturing
- Driving under the influence: drug possession charges may be related to a stop for DUI in Birmingham
Depending on the drug you are accused of possessing, if you have prior convictions, or if the amount alleged to be in your possession exceeds a particular amount, your case may become a federal drug crime. No matter the complex details of your circumstance or the strength of the prosecutors’ case—whether Alabama or Federal prosecutors—we are ready for your defense. Call our Birmingham drug possession attorneys at (205) 502-2000.